To improve the effectiveness of Samsung ads and align them with a retention + acquisition strategy during the release of a new product
Understanding the differentiated neural response among Apple users and Samsung users to develop a blueprint for future advertising campaigns that work for both audiences.
1) What could be a clear brand choice message to retain existing Samsung users?
2) How might we create a brand impact for stronger acquisition of non-Samsung users?
3) What trends and strategy can be applied to increase brand curiosity and engagement amongst Apple users?
- We measured the neural impact of varied Samsung ads using SST to determine moments for prominent placements of the Samsung brand.
- We proposed subtle, natural inclusions rather than obvious tribal messaging.
- It was also identified that the first black screen performs well where branding can be recovered as well as consistent or engaging product actions.
Apple Users/Intenders showed strong aversion/defence mechanisms to direct/allegorical Samsung branding, hence the natural, subtle Samsung branding was recommended.
“Neuro-Insight embodies the 4 P’s of Patience, Persistence, Perspective, and Passion and uses them beautifully to create strong partnerships, a secret 5th P. Their ways are unique, their technology – validated, their people – motivated, their method – collaborative, their instinct – sharp, and their leadership – fearless. I look forward to working with them more”
Manvir Kalsi, Senior Manager, Innovation Process & Research, Samsung